Our details are shown on this site’s contact page and the site owner can be contacted at the email address on this site’s contact page or by emailing email@example.com.We understand that shopping online involves significant trust on your part. We value your trust and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn more about our privacy practices.
- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access and/or correct your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- Cookies and other technologies
- Using the Bearboxers.co.uk mobile phone and tablet Applications
- How we protect your information
- Children’s privacy
- External links
- Transfer of personal information outside your country
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including via any App. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email and addresses. All card payments are processed directly by our highly trusted payment gateway providers (Paypal and Stripe) and not on our servers. These providers use the latest Secure 3D Technology to mask and protect your details whilst processing any payments. We may also request information about your shopping preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general most of the information we request from you is required in order to process your order, register as a member; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other communications on our website or through any App.
Ordering from our website, mobile or tablet app for another individual.
When you place an order for someone else through this website or any App, we will request personal information and shopping preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and other preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically lawfully obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information. Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as your shopping preferences. Our goals in collecting this automatic information are helping customise your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
Social Media. If you make use of any Bearboxers.co.uk social media features, either on our website, an App or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. For example, we may offer the option to register with our website via the “Facebook Connect” feature, allowing you to register with our website using your Facebook account data without entering the required data manually on our webpage. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of an App that we run on their website.
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of our special offers and other promotions on our website and through our Apps. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your shopping interests if you consented to receiving email marketing communications. Where legally required, we will abide by existing publicly available opt-out lists when sending you marketing communications. For example, if you search for a men’s underwear and you did not buy then may send you an email offering you a discount to encourage you to complete your purchase. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about certain special offers available through our website and our Apps. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Please review “Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” below.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers and couriers, who fulfil orders on our behalf. All services provided by third-party suppliers are described as such. These suppliers and third-parties have their own Privacy Policies to protect the personal data of all their customers as per regulations. Please note that these couriers may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, and to facilitate the delivery of your order. We may also share your email address with a third party review company for the purpose of providing a product or service review on our website or apps. We are not responsible for any review company deducing your identity from the content of your review and contacting you directly by other means other than by email.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or our Apps or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to. Please note that these third-party service providers may be established in countries that might not offer a level of protection for your personal information that is equivalent to the one offered in your country of residence. However, we will endeavor to protect all personal information we collect from you in accordance with strict data protection standards.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website or through our Apps. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites if you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, this website or our Apps, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over us or all or any part of our assets that insolvency practitioner may transfer your information to a third party purchaser of the business, provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy. Your information will not be disclosed to government or local authorities or other government institutions as required by law or other binding regulations.
- Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access and/or correct your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting this website’s Account section. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
By providing your personal information to us through this website or any App, you accept that we may retain your information. We may continue to process account-related information in order to fulfil our legitimate business objectives, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for historical record and analytical purposes. We employ robust technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book your hotel or to take advantage of certain features offered on this website or our Apps.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- When you register as a member, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties. As a registered member, you can modify your choice at any time on the Communication and Account Preferences page. Whether registered as a member or not, you will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, relating either to your account or to your transactions, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You may have the opportunity on our website or through our Apps to provide a mobile number in order to receive your order confirmation and delivery communications.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost all websites. Cookies do not recognise you personally and are not harmful to your computer or mobile device. They are used by websites you visit in order to improve your experience on the website, to provide us with analytics information that will help us improve our website generally, and to collect information about your shopping experience and offers that may be of interest and relevant to you.
Using the Bearboxers.co.uk mobile phone and tablet Apps (the “Mobile Apps”)
When you use a Bearboxers.co.uk Mobile App, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
- We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- Each Mobile App also sends us the device’s unique device identifier (or “UID”), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device. We use this only on the first opening of the Mobile App so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective ad banners and other marketing tools.
- When you allow a Mobile App’s ’use my location’ feature, we may use information about your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – to show you location-related content. We do not collect location data unless you allow your location through the settings on your mobile device. You can switch off location data collection at any time through your phone settings menu.
- Each Mobile App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
You always have the ability to control what information a Mobile App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the Mobile App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website and our Apps for shopping and engagement within the Bearboxers community, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website or App can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
This is a general audience website and neither the website nor any App offer services directed to children. If we gain actual knowledge that a child under the age of 18 has provided any personal information to us without the parent’s or guardian’s consent, we will immediately delete this information.
Transfer of personal information outside your country
If you are visiting our website or using our Apps from outside the European Union, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United Kingdom, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United Kingdom and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
Bearboxers Co Ltd
Fernhills Business Centre
Bury, Greater Manchester
England, BL9 5BJ
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 21 May 2018.